Elected onto the committee was Damien Keirl and Jess Egan. Both have been terrific BSCC members who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in their respective divisions.
Brett Martin has been elected to the club secretary position moving from a general committee position. Brett has done an excellent job of organising club clothing and EntryBoss amongst many other things. He will fill this role ideally.
2020 BSCC COMMITTEE
TIM CANNY - PRESIDENT
PHIL ORR - VICE PRESIDENT
BRETT MARTIN - SECRETARY
HUGO TOLLIDAY - TRESURER
DANIEL TAYLOR - GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBER
ROB POMPE - GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBER
DAMIEN KEIRL - GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBER
JESS EGAN - GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBER
PRESIDENT'S REPORT (SUMMARY)
Thanks to the hard work, passion and dedication of the five divisional sub-committees, the Ballarat Sebastopol Cycling Club (BSCC) has had another successful year. Overall, the club has seen a strong growth in membership along with an increase in BSCC organised events, particularly high-level events.
Some highlights for the club during the past 12 months include:
- Winning a $200,000 Pick My Project State Government grant to build a state-of-the-art BMX track at Marty Busch Reserve. The construction has now been completed and the new all-weather surface looks brilliant.
- Successfully organising and hosting another record-breaking Fred Icke Road Race – the most popular one-day event on the Cycling Victoria calendar.
- Nicholas White and Jesse Norton becoming National Road Champions.
- Alaya Humber becoming the first-ever female to win the Wangaratta Wheel Race in its 97-year history.
- Successfully organising and hosting the inaugural Shifty Fifty mountain bike event.
- Successfully organising and hosting national rounds of Cycle-cross (CX) in partnership with the VOGA cycling club in Creswick.
- Tim Canny | President