MTB Social Rides
As a club we understand that our members are interested in different forms of riding, some want to race, others don't. If you fall into the latter category then our Social Rides could be just what you have always wanted.
Social rides don't require much in the way of organising (which is what we like) and we don't need the permission of the land owners if we are going on public land. At the beginning of each year the BSCC MTB committee layout a rough plan to cover the entire year, the plan covers the following points:
- there will be 1 planned social ride per month, on a Sunday morning (as indicated by our survey results)
- every 2 or 3 months we will go out of town, to give members the greatest MTB experience,
- we will meet at a location with ample free car parking,
- as people arrive carpooling can be organised (this is only relevant for out of town rides),
- we will drive to destination in convoy (this is only relevant for out of town rides),
- when we arrive at the trail head (depending on numbers) we can break into groups that match rider abilities (slower riders or riders just starting out please don't worry about slowing the group down, its a social ride no-one is there to break land-speed records!),
- on the way home we will go for coffee and/or lunch,
Now for the legal stuff, BSCC MTB is affiliated with MTBA, which means all riders must present a current MTBA 'Social' or 'Race' membership card during registration. Membership provides insurance coverage for both the rider and the club in the event of an incident. Non MTBA members have two options, 1) annual membership, (see the Membership page for more details) or 2) purchase a $5 Social Day permit, which is valid for the whole event and available on the day, but we ask that you arrive early to fill in the paperwork.
The schedule for the 2012 social ride events can be viewed in full in Google Docs, however a summary is shown below
|5-Feb-12||9:00am||Yarrowee Trail starting at Magpie|
|16-Dec-12||10:00am||XMas Ride, Combined BSCC|